Terms & Conditions
GMX Worldwide Xpress. herein after GMX provides carriage of documents and parcels for the account of its client herein after the shipper.
- When remitting his shipment for carriage, the “shipper” acknowledges that the present non negotiable air waybill was completed by himself or in his name and at his own risk by GMX acting only as agent without any liability on the part of GMX. The “shipper” accepts all Terms and Conditions stipulated at www.gmxworldwide.ca and confirms that all the information supplied is true correct when shipping.
- The goods described in the present contract are accepted for carriage in apparent good condition unless specifically indicated on the air waybill by GMX.
- GMX does not accept TO CARRY the following goods, passports, jewelry, tobacco, alcohol, traveler’s checks, cash, as well as certain dangerous goods. If you choose to ship these good it will be at your own risk.
- The “shipper” must provide all pertinent information on the contents and value of the shipment, which will be necessary for any customs authority or other authorities and will be responsible for any damage resulting from any false declaration.
- All duties and taxes relating to shipments will be charged to the consignee, unless prior notice is given to GMX. A DISBURSEMENT FEE OF 5% or minimum $10.00 will be charges for GMX to pay any one tax invoice on a clients behalf.
- The LIABILITY OF GMX IN CASE OF LOSS OR PHYSICAL DAMAGES TO A SHIPMENT will be limited to the maximum amount of THE MAXIMUM OF LIABILITY OF THE CARRIER USED TO SHIP WITH. unless additional insurance has been purchased.
- In case of loss or physical damages to a shipment, GMX will not be liable FOR LOSS OF INCOME OR PROFIT(S) WHETHER OR NOT GMX HAD KNOWLEDGE THAT SUCH DAMAGES MIGHT BE INCURRED. GMX will not be liable for your acts or omissions, including but not limited to incorrect declaration of cargo, improper or insufficient packing, securing, marking or addressing of the shipment, or for the acts or omissions of the recipient or anyone else with an interest to the shipment. Also, GMX will not be liable if the shipper or the recipient violates any of the terms of this agreement. GMX will not be liable for damage, loss, delay, shortage, mis-delivery, non-delivery, misinformation, or failure to provide information in connection to this shipment caused by events GMX cannot control, including but not limited to acts of God, perils of the air, weather conditions, mechanical delays, acts of public enemies, war, strikes, civil commotions, or acts or omissions of public authorities (including customs and health.
- GMX will be exonerated from any liability in case of A delay resulting from customs procedures or any other cause beyond the control of GMX.
- In case of damage, partial loss, delay, non delivery or other claim, the “shipper” must advise GMX of damages within TWENTY FOUR (24) hours of delivery. In addition, the “shipper” must send a WRITTEN CLAIM to GMX also within twenty-four (24) hours of the delivery.
- Certain types of products are not insurable and cannot be claimed for losses or damages, for example but not limited to; glass products and all liquids. Other types of products may also be declined, such as shipments not sufficiently packaged. In case of a claim, if the packaging is deemed as insufficiently protective according to the norms established by the International Safe Transit Association, GMX will not be liable for any damage.
GMX, upon its judgment or at the request of governmental authorities, may open and inspect any shipments under its control.
Even if the “shipper” gives GMX different payment instructions, the “shipper” will always be primarily responsible for all charges including transportation charges and all duties, customs assessments, governmental penalties and fines, taxes and GMX attorney fees and legal costs, related to the shipment in case of default of payment by the consignee or third party. The “shipper” will also be responsible for any costs GMX may incur in returning the shipment or warehousing it pending disposition.
Any Freight Forwarder, agent, partner or logistic firm who ships with GMX and fails to pay all shipping charges, GMX reserves the right to invoice the true ultimate shipper.